November 6, 2020 – Why would you treat people bad if you want them to move to your town

 It’s almost 4 months now that we arrived in Fachbach. My humans like it here and it seems like we are staying for a while longer.

Me personally, I think it’s a good place but a miss a big, fenced area where I can run without being called back.

 There is just one problem to feel really welcomed here – the major. If I would be major of a town, I would make new people in town feel welcome. I wouldn’t give them a hard time because they have dogs, and I wouldn’t make them to rush the decision of moving to receive taxes and fees.

As some of my foreign followers might not know I will explain to you how moving works here in Germany. Believe me, of what I have heard humans talking there is way too much bureaucracy here.

 When you live in a town or city you must go to city hall, and they must write in their books that you are a citizen of that town, and your ID card must be changed to your new address. Nowadays you even must bring the acknowledgement of your landlord when you get registered. Now this is your official residence.

If you stay in another city for a longer time and you don’t go back to your official residence as this is sublet you have to change your official residence or make a secondary official residence. Forgive me if this is not 100% correct down to the detail, I am just a dog and just can tell what I hear when people talk.

Due to this law my humans got in trouble with the major of this town. He wants my humans to change their official residence and pay taxes here. But my humans still go back to our official residence, at least once a month, and pick up the mail. In the times of lockdown it wasn’t as often because the incidence of their official residence was quite high.

In case you have dogs, they must be registered at your official residence, and you must pay taxes for them. In our case Mogli and I weren’t registered at all because we’ve been out of the country for so long. My humans wanted to register us in our hometown but the people there told my humans that the major of Fachbach had contacted them and that Mogli and I must be registered in Fachbach and taxes for us dogs must be paid there.

So that’s what my humans did.

My humans even wrote a letter to the major and explained the situation but that did not help. He complained about all these dogs in town. I must admit there are a lot of dogs in town, I’ve never seen something like that. In the close neighborhood alone are like 8-9 dogs not counting Mogli and myself.

 You would assume that was the end of the story, but it was not. My humans parked the car legally and nevertheless they got a ticket. Someone living in town reported the car parked where it is not allowed to park. My humans assured themselves that how they parked the car was correct and wrote an objection. The answer was that my humans were right, and the ticket was void. Just three weeks later the same thing happened again. Why would you do something like that? Why would somebody even write a ticket if he knew it was wrong? My mistress was very sad about the entire situation.

 We traveled all over the world and never had issues in other countries.

 My humans were pretty upset about all this and thought about moving on, but they like it here and they like our hosts and decided to stay for a little longer. Maybe one day they will decide to give up the old place and officially move to Fachbach. I wouldn’t mind although I miss traveling.

 If I were major and this would happen like it did, I would approach the new people, introduce myself, talk to them and find a way that is legal and satisfying for everyone.

Being a dog is way easier than being a human. When I meet a dog I sniff his or her bud to say hello and we can start playing.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021

Our new home – January 4, 2022