May 12, 2024 - My humans keep telling me I am a destroyer. Do you know what they mean?

 Hello and ciao, it's me again. 

I am growing up and believe it or not, I can jump the couch now and climb the bed! Isn't that awesome?

It's getting warmer now and most of the time the door to the terrace is open and I can go outside whenever I like. But I am still not allowed to be in the yard on my own. Really? I don't have a clue why! My people keep telling me that I can't be left alone because I destroy everything. What do they mean by that? Well, I do have to admit that at the beginning I loved chewing on shoes, especially on crocks. They are so soft and you can sink your teeth into it so nicely. It was also fun because my people ran after me and play fetch when I took their shoes and ran around the house. My people didn't like that too much though because the shoes were dripping afterwards. 

After the shoes I found out that plants taste delicious. My favorite is the olive tree and the orange tree, rosemary and basil aren't bad but the taste is too strong. My absolute favorite are the flowers of the azalea. Too bad I ate them all and none are left. Leaves from the medlar tree aren't bad but I prefer the fruits, especially the ones from last year. 

Blankets and carpets are good to chew on as well while you pretend to be asleep. Besides all that there is plenty of stuff in the yard to chew on and eat. One time I was lucky, I fooled my humans. They thought I was looking at the neighbor's dog but I chewed on that little plastic box in the yard with all these little metal strings covered with plastic, my people call them cables. It was hard work to destroy the plastic box to reach the cables and it took me a while, but at the end I was successful. Unfortunately my people found out what I did before I could give the cables a try. My mistress told me I was lucky that there was no power on the cables. What does she mean by that? Any ideas?

One of my favorite things though is scratching the walls outside. I love the sound of it and it feels great on my paws. While going on walks I love searching for stones and shove them in my mouth to chew on them. That helps with my itchy teeth. My people don't like that at all, they tell me it's dangerous to swallow them. What do I know, I am still a puppy or at least a junior. 

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I don't have any toys at home, I do have plenty. But why should I do what my people want me to do and why should I play with dog toys when there is so much more to play with and chew on. 

How about you humans, do you do stuff like that and my people are just the boring type of people that only do permitted stuff? It would be great if my people would join me doing all this but even Mogli refuses joining me. He keeps calling me a weirdo. 

Smørebrød, smørebrød, Balu, just look at you, you are a weirdo. Look at your hair on your head, that looks ridiculous. You should get to the groomer and get a proper haircut. And all that tail wagging and peeing when you are excited, you better start growing up and calm down - PEACE. Look at me, chill brother, you get your daily food, water, caresses and most of the time the humans listen to you and give you what you want when you want it. So, just calm down and relax. You disturb me sleeping with all your activities!

Who is the weirdo here? You Mogli are the one that starts jumping and yapping when we go for a walk or a ride in the car. You are the adult and should stop that nonsense. I am still a puppy with way too much energy. Enough of that conversation and writing blog today, I need to check out if my people are busy so I can check out the olive tree. Maybe I can reach one of the branches and pull some leaves. Ciao, see you!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021

Ciao tutti!!!! April 1, 2024