May 19, 2020 – A whole new world for Forrest

My humans were still busy packing all our stuff and doing last minute things on the farm. Forrest and I had to stay in the kennel. In the afternoon the owners of the Husky farm took us all to the train station. On the way reindeers crossed the street. I have never seen reindeers but Forrest told me what these animals are. After about an hour in the car we arrived in Ålvsbyn where we would board the train to Gothenburg.

As we arrived early we had to wait and Forrest and I had a short nap on our blankets. A lot of people waited on the platform for the train. Forrest had never seen a train before in his entire (well, quite short) life. He was a little nervous but when he saw that I was chilled he calmed down. 

My humans, Forrest and I boarded the train, stored the luggage and the humans went to their seats. A little later my master asked the conductor if we could change seats to the one with the table. The entire coach was empty but in times of that virus, Covid-19 they call it; you have to ask before you change seats. T





he conductor said it was ok to change the seats and there Forrest and I had more room to lie down. Forrest and I had the windows seats so we could look out of the window. We had to stay on that train for about 16 hours, non-stop to Gothenburg. The distance is about 1.300 km/807 miles. It was around 6 pm when we left which means we were in the train during the night. In Arvidsjaur it doesn’t get dark in the night at this time of the year. Seriously, there is no difference between day and night; the birds are chirping 24 hours a day. Other than our last travels between Germany and Sweden we were finally able to see something traveling through the northern part of Sweden. Later that night it got dark and my humans welcomed the darkness because it is hard to sleep during the night when it is bright daylight although the blinds in the camper were shut. Me on the other hand, I don’t have a problem sleeping no matter if it’s dark or daylight and that’s what I did on the train. Forrest relaxed after a while and fell asleep too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021