March 15, 2020 - Always follow the Golden Rule



Nothing much happens out here, same routine every day. I still love playing in the snow and don't get tired of taking a snow bath. My mistress said that my für is so soft now and smells so fresh.
A couple of days ago some of the dogs got into a fight and my master wanted to separate them. But he did not follow the Golden Rule. The Golden Rule is that if there is a dog fight you have to grab the behind legs and pull the dog away. Never ever try to pull on the collar. Well, my master forgot the Golden Rule and got bitten by one of the dogs. The dog didn't mean to bite him but one of the other dogs. My master’s hand was in the way though. My master had some deep bites on his hand and my mistress took him to the ER.
The doctor decided to put just one stitch on either side of one of wound and no stitches on the other bite wounds. She said that this way the bacteria could get out of the wound best.
Of course I wasn't in the ER with my humans but they told me. The hand was very swollen and it might be that my master lost sensation on some parts of his thumb. They told him that this could possibly come back but might not either.
One thing is for sure, he will never forget the Golden Rule again.

I am not allowed to go into Aspen’s kennel any more because our playing was to much for my old bones. I have a week spot on my knee. I miss playing with Aspen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021

Our new home – January 4, 2022