February 25, 2020 - My humans got a special treat today


This morning my humans and the other humans left early. They took most of the dogs with them in the trailer as well as the dog sleds.
I stayed in the camper waiting for them to come back. It was a long, long wait or at lest it felt like it. I had water and food and could nap on the bed.
When they returned my humans were exhausted and cold. They had spent about 6 hours outside with a temperature of -20C. But it was a beautiful day with plenty of sunshine.
My humans told me that they got a special treat - they had a tour on the dog sled. They told me that this was an incredible experience, sitting on the sled being pulled by 12 dogs and feeling the power these dogs have. The dogs love to run, they are born for this. Let me clarify, most of them are born for this, some are not.
Luckily I am not a Husky and nobody expects me to pull a sled with humans on it.

There are two lead dogs in the front. They follow the commands of the musher. Musher is the name for the person that's in control of the dogs. At the end there are two wheel dogs. Here the big ones are wheel dogs. Between the lead dogs and the wheel dogs are the other dogs.
Huskies are a very special dog breed.

My humans were talking about their adventure until they finally fell asleep. I on the other hand would have preferred to get a special treat for waiting so patiently.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021