February 13, 2020 -I love to play with my friends


Over the weekends most of the dogs and humans are in Piteå where the dogsled tours take place. For me that means I can visit some of my friends in the kennels.
One of my friends is Aspen. He is too old to run and honestly, I think he might be a little too fat. Most of the time Aspen is chilled. He sleeps most of the day just like I am. When he is all by himself because his buddies are working I sneak in and we play in his kennel. Playing with Aspen is fun but sometimes one of us gets overwhelmed and my mistress takes me out of the kennel. I am not too much into rough playing, well at least I am not any more. Back in the days when I was younger, but that's a different story.

Besides Aspen there is Holden and Forrest. Holden is quite new here and hasn't found his place yet and Forrest is 10 months old. I played with him and his siblings when we were here last autumn. Most of his siblings are having a high energy level, let's describe it this way. They run and play without taking a break. And when I was in the kennel with all five of them they thought I am a toy, pinched me and hit me with their paws. Seriously, I am getting too old for stuff like that. But one time when I was in the kennel with the young ones all the dogs started to howl and I was surrounded by the young ones. I couldn't help but join them. That was fun. I need to try that again one day.

The young ones are in different kennels now and some went to Piteå with the older dogs. Forrest remembered me and he wasn't as crazy as the other ones. We played quite a while and had a lot of fun.

Every time I pass Aspen’s kennel he is waiting for me to come and visit him but with all the other dogs in the kennel it's too much for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021

Our new home – January 4, 2022