October 15, 2019 - On our way home

October 15, 2019 - On our way home

Two weeks ago the dad of my master’s best friend passed away, shortly after we arrived in Arvidsjaur. He was like a second Dad to my master and my master is very sad. The funeral is at the end of this week. My master wants to be at the funeral and give him a last farewell.


So my humans decided to go back to Germany. We were meant to stay three months in Swedish Lapland but sometimes thing don’t go as planned. Also my humans had the feeling they could not have enough time for their own business. Internet is limited where we were and although my mistress bought something to use the Internet, something called cellular or SIM card, the reception was bad. Plus, they were too tired to do much in the evenings.
I liked it a lot in Swedish Lapland. I running around and play with the other dogs. There was so much to sniff and experience besides all the dogs gossip.
My humans were very sad we had to leave already because they liked it there and they liked Wolf and Marianne a lot.
Wolf and Marianne suggested that we could come back as soon as the winter season officially will start, as they need help with the dog sled rides they are offering. My humans and I liked that idea a lot.

We left Wolf’s and Marianne’s house around 8pm on October 13, 2019. The train left Jörn at 11:34 pm. After arriving in Stockholm at 9:45 am the next day we had to switch trains again in Lund before we arrived in Trelleborg at almost 4 pm on October 14, 2019. The ferry did not leave to Rostock before 10:55 pm the same day so we had to wait in Trelleborg a couple of hours. On the trains I met some other dogs. There was only a German Shepherd on the train to Stockholm but on the other trains were like 3-4 small dogs.
Luckily my humans got a cabin on the ferry this time. There was even a doggy bed for me. I walked into the cabin, lay down and fell asleep right away. My humans had a good but short night’s sleep until we had to get up at 5 am.
After we arrived in Rostock my humans had some breakfast before we went to Rostock Main Station.

On the train from Rostock to Hamburg where we had to switch trains we were sitting on a table with a little girl and her mom. Good thing I am a nice dog and the girl wasn’t afraid of me.
The rest of the train ride was boring and I fell asleep.

After we arrived in Frankfurt we had to take public transportation to finally arrive at the small house we stayed in before. It was late already and we all were exhausted. My humans fell asleep almost immediately after they prepared their bed and so did it.
I dreamed of all the dogs and cats as well as Wolf and Marianne and I already miss them all. Hopefully we are going back soon. But first my master has to go to that funeral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021