September 24, 2019 – Next stop – Swedish Lapland

It’s official, in three days we will leave to Swedish Lapland. SWEDISH LAPLAND???? OMG, it’s cold there. Are my humans nuts? On a second thought, I love snow.
You might ask yourself what we are doing in Swedish Lapland, well here is the reason: My humans saw a post in a Facebook Group called “Wohnen gegen Hand und Hilfe” or translated Residence for Hand and Help (https://www.facebook.com/groups/935969523116423/). Somebody offered to live in Swedish Lapland for helping on a Husky and Fly Fishing Farm. They offer dog sleigh trips in the winter. For about two months my humans have been in contact with the people of that farm and now finally they fixed the date and my mistress purchased all the tickets.

The trip takes about 48 hours by train and ferry. As this is a Husky Farm there will be plenty of dogs I can play with. Maybe I can even try to be part of a dog sleigh team? Ah no, I don’t think that’s a good idea; I am a senior after all. But I will play in the snow and enjoy.

What if I get seasick? My mistress gets seasick I know that much.

Wait a minute, Sweden? They speak Swedish? Does that mean I have to learn another language? Don’t my humans think that’s a little too much for a dog to speak four languages? My mistress said I don’t have to learn Swedish; I will be fine with German and English.

What do the Swedish eat? Will I like that? Dang, I only get dog food anyways. Well, that’s a bummer, we travel to a new country and I can’t even try the food. This requires a serious talk with my humans about eating habits of dogs.

Maybe we can see Northern Lights there, or moose, reindeers and other wild animals. Maybe we can see Santa? I would love to see Santa and I would tell him to make my humans feed me human food instead of dog food. In my humbled opinion it’s nonsense that human food makes dogs sick. It tastes so good; it can’t be bad for me. What do you think?

You see, I am hungry while I tell my mistress what to write. I already told her that I am hungry but she keeps telling me, it’s too early for your food, you have to wait. I DON’T WANT TO WAIT – I AM HUNGRY.

Where was I, ah yes, Swedish Lapland. They say it’s dark all day long but my master told me that’s not entirely true as it is not as dark as in the night. How am I supposed to sunbath without sun? Well I will know more when we are there. I hope I can show you some great pictures and tell you even better stories.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021