August 23, 2019 - Sightseeing in Frankfurt

Today was a warm and sunny day, and my humans decided to go to Frankfurt again and do some sightseeing. The historic center of Frankfurt existed from the beginning of Frankfurt and was first mentioned in 794. In WWII a lot of the old buildings were destroyed and only a few rebuild. Just recently the historic center of Frankfurt was reconstructed and my humans wanted to see the finished project. They were very impressed of the finished project. There were little shops everywhere. The butcher shop smelled very good but I got nothing. My humans walked around for a while and then found a place where you can see parts of the original wall that was built around the center of Frankfurt in the beginning. The city is called Frankfurt because the Franconians (in German „Franken“) crossed the river Main using the ford (in German „Furt“). The first settlement was build right there. Now there is the Dome of Frankfurt as well as the historic city. Legends name Karl the Great as the founder of Frankfurt. The Romans, the Alemannic and the Merovingian’s were in Frankfurt too.

After visiting the old wall remains my humans stopped at a Cafe to take a break. The people running the Cafe were very friendly and they liked me a lot. They even served me fresh water especially for me.

Later we got on the Eiserner Steg (iron footbridge) that connects Frankfurt downtown with Frankfurt Sachsenhausen, one of the many suburbs. There were many locks on the bridge. My humans told me that loving couples put them there to show their everlasting love. The names are engraved.

On the way back to the car my humans stopped at a shop that sells Leica cameras. My mistress would like to have a new camera as her old one broke while we were with the Voyageur Canoe Brigade in 2017. She already had a look at a Canon camera but did not like everything about it. Mr. Qaiser Malik was the person my humans talked to. My humans were very happy with the talk, they learned a lot and my mistress fell in love with a Leica camera, the Leica SL. Unfortunately this is a very expensive camera, but a professional one. I think my mistress deserves a professional camera as she has a great eye. Right now she takes pictures with her iPhone, which of course is a lot different to a professional camera. My mistress hopes to be able to get this camera one day. Me personally, I think she deserves it. Well, she is taking all the pictures for my blog, Facebook page and Instagram and they need to be awesome.

I was very tired when we came home and after having food I fell asleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021