August 20, 2019 - Frankfurt, brushing up memories and visiting my old friend Dr. Schlimm

My humans wanted to go to the city of Frankfurt/Main today. The city where we lived a couple of years. They were curious how much it has changed since they left and my mistress wanted to go to the Apple store to exchange her case for the cellphone.
The trip to the Apple store took longer than expected and there wasn’t much time to do anything else.
But we went to the Alte Oper and saw the Goethe statue.
Did you know Johann Wolfgang von Goethe was born in Frankfurt am Main in 1782? He was a famous author. He wrote Faust, many people all over the world know that book.
You can visit the Goethe House in Frankfurt where he was born.

The Alte Oper, Old Opera, used to be the original opera house in Frankfurt am Main. It was inaugurated in 1880 but in WWII it was destroyed by bombs. In the 1970s it was rebuilt and in 1981 reopened. My humans do remember this and my mistress was there to listen to a lot of concerts and even performed there with the Darmstaedter Konzertchor. One time she went to a Montserrat Caballé concert, one she will never forget. She told me that Montserrat Caballé had a lot of charisma.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe and the Alte Oper are just two examples of great places and people in Frankfurt am Main. My humans said they would come back in a few days to see more of their former hometown.

I was busy reading the newspaper in Frankfurt. So many smells of so many different things, that’s like heaven but it makes me tired too. I am a senior now. Well, at least that’s what my humans tell me and they give me senior food now. I don’t feel like a senior.

After we left downtown Frankfurt we went to my „old“ veterinary Dr. Schlimm at the Nordwestzentrum in Frankfurt. Nordwestzentrum is a mall where my humans used to go when we lived here.
Dr. Schlimm is a very nice person. I know him since I was a puppy. When I was at the vet in the USA or in Canada the people that work there took me away from my humans and examined me in a different room. That scared the hack out of me. Dr. Schlimm examines me while my humans are right next to me and pet me and assure me that everything is fine. They distract me when he gives me a vaccination or treats wounds or anything else. His office is just one room and a waiting room, no staff. He does small talk with my humans besides telling them what he things about my health. I love my Dr. Schlimm, he is simply the best and I wish I could see him when I am sick while we travel.
This time he examined me and gave me some vaccination and some pills to kill any possible worms in my digestion system. I am healthy and in a good condition he said.
I always get a treat after we are finished.

After we left the vet my humans went to another shop in the mall and I got another treat. So it is only logical if I assume that I get a treat in every shop we go to. You can imagine I was very disappointed when they didn’t have a treat for me.
The second shop we went to was the pet shop in the mall. My humans used to buy a lot of stuff for me and the other animals we had in the household then.
They had rabbits, Guinea pigs, a gecko and not to forget the chameleon. No they did not have them all at the same time. The chameleon was fun though, you never knew what he was looking at and he was fast in catching crickets.
Well, at this pet shop we met an old friend, Olli, he works there. He always gives me treat when I visit; to be honest all employees give me treats when I visit. So if you ever come to Frankfurt am Main visit Zoo Haindl in Nordwestzentrum.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021