August 10, 2019 - Life is too short to be grumpy

My humans and I moved again, back to my master’s mother‘s house. She wasn‘t feeling good and the humans decided it would be better if she weren’t on her own. A couple of days earlier she fainted and woke up a couple of hours later.
Where she lives I can run in the fields. I would love this even more if there weren‘t any grass mites. I completely forget about them when I play with dog friends. My master walked me yesterday and we met Beau, she is a Landseer and she is huge. My master says she is no dog but a calf. Well, they are both the same size, that‘s for sure. Beau and I had a great time together and a lot of fun. Maybe I can see her again, although she is not my type, you know, I didn't fall in love with her like I did with other dog ladies.

So far most dogs I met here in Germany are very grumpy. They are not friendly at all. When you meet them on the street or walk by when they are behind a fence they growl and me and start barking in a very unfriendly way. I can‘t remember that this was an issue before we left Germany a couple of years ago. Even the humans are grumpy. But this is nothing new; they did that even before we left.
People here in Germany are way unfriendlier than in the United States of America.
In the USA people smile when you do groceries or go to another place, they ask, „How are you“, make small talk and are less stressed. Well, at least at places I have been to and that included big cities like Las Vegas.
When you ride in a public transportation bus people talk to each other, even strangers talk to each other. In public transportation in Germany people don‘t talk, they stare at their little thing called cellphone, have their headphones on and look down. They don‘t see what happens around them, they don‘t pay attention to the beauty you might see when you look out of the window. In the USA you can make friends on a 15 minutes bus ride.
People say the Americans are superficial. That might be true but it feels way better. My humans had so many people starting to talk to them just because these people saw me. Sometimes they talked for minutes. Here people look at me and most of them start to smile when they see me but they don‘t talk.
When we went to a restaurant in the USA the waiters were very friendly, smiled and took care that everything was in order and nothing was missing and the customer satisfied. Here in Germany the waiter does not smile most of time and they don’t give you the impression they love what they do.
Of course there are exceptions in either country but the majority is like I described it. What I miss here in Germany is the kindness. People helping each other is more common in the USA and in Canada than here.

I feel sorry for all these grumpy people out there in the world. They miss so much in their life. Instead of thinking about all the negative things in life enjoy the nice things. Enjoy the sunset or sunrise, the rainbow, the flower, the birds and bees and everything else.
Life is too short to be grumpy.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021