May 29, 2019 – A surprise brings back memories

Today my humans decided to return to a place we used to go before we left Germany, where they usually walked me. As soon as we drove through the part of Frankfurt where we used to live I knew where we were and got all excited. I thought we might just drive through there; we passed the house where we used to live when my humans first got me. Everything looked so familiar, nothing had changed. Can you believe it; they went for a walk with me right where we used to go before we went to the USA and Canada.
There are different crops on the fields now but everything else just remained the same. I knew exactly where I was and where I had to go and where to stop and wait for my humans. That was so – WOW. I can’t believe I am back here again. Just for a visit, but back. My humans enjoyed it too; they talked a lot about old times and what we used to do. Amy, the dog that stayed with us when her mistress was on duty as a flight attendant, and I had a lot of fun here. I remember once we chased a fox, well Amy chased the fox and I ran after her. Look for yourself how beautiful it is.

Ok, there are more cars heading towards that tennis club than before but everything else remained the same. My mistress told me that the city of Frankfurt wants to build a street right here. Are they crazy? They can’t destroy that; it’s paradise for us dogs and all the rabbits, foxes, grey herons, and other wildlife here. There are a lot of bees and bumblebees flying around too. No, I don’t like the idea of building a street and more houses here. In Frankfurt are a lot of houses nobody lives in. Just there, in the neighborhood of that fields are at least three big buildings that have been empty for years. I hope the people that try to stop that craziness will win!


Today I am a very happy dog. I spent hours in these fields before we left Germany, in rain, snow and sunshine and I always enjoyed it very much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021