May 1, 2019 – Home for now

Today I want to talk about my home where I live wright now with my humans. I heard people talking about apartment buildings in Las Vegas a lot. Not everything was I heard was positive and so I was a bit skeptical when my humans told me that we would move into one of these apartment buildings.
The studio apartment they rented is not very big; it’s a one-room apartment with a kitchenette and a bathroom. It’s comfortable and clean. IT’s called Rubix.
Rubix is “located in the North East area of the Las Vegas valley, The Rubix offers quick and easy access to Nellis Air Force Base, The Las Vegas Motor Speedway, and the I 15 North. Shopping and dining are all around and we are only 15 minutes from the famous Las Vegas Strip!” (https://www.liveatrubix.com/).

There are a couple of amenities in the building. I don’t care about most of them because I am a dog and do not have to do laundry or use the fitness room. Also I do not need Internet, TV, game room or all that stuff. But, they do have a pet park and elevators.
These are the amenities I am interested in. The pet park is nice, small but nice. I have already met some nice dogs there. There is Honey, a 16-year-old Chihuahua, Marco that little black dog and others. I love socializing with other dogs.
The elevators are very convenient for an old dog like me. I am nine years old now and walking stairs sometimes does not feel good.

There are quite a few people living in the Rubix. Very different people in fact. Some people have a different skin color than my humans and their hair is very curly. Others have a skin color in between. I do speak English and German but some people in the apartment speak a language I don’t understand. My mistress told me that they speak Spanish. This is a new language for me. I heard French while we were in Canada but never Spanish.
All the people in the Rubix are very friendly, some more than others but nobody was ever unfriendly or rude.

Of what I heard before we moved here was that there often is a lot of violence in the apartment buildings but there is no such thing here. During office hours Susan and Roxanne are in the office and help with questions and issues. In the beginning my humans had a lot of questions as this was a completely new situation for them, well and for me but I didn’t have any questions. Susan and Roxanne are very nice people, always friendly and they do help where they can. Sometimes it’s very busy in the office as they are not only responsible for the people already living here but for future residents, social workers, visitors, mail deliveries, and more. Before I forget I have to mention these nice maintenance guys that repair things quickly. At the beginning the tub in the kitchen sink of our apartment was leaking and one of them fixed it.
Between the office hours there is a security person on the property to take care and make sure everything is in best order.

I like it here and so do my humans. You can see palm trees from the window and when the jets on Nellis AFB launch you can see them and when they fly over the house. In March there was Red Flag Exercise. According to Wikipedia “Exercise Red Flag is a two-week advanced aerial combat training exercise held several times a year by the United States Air Force. The purpose is to offer realistic air-combat training for military pilots and other flight crewmembers from the U.S., NATO and other allied countries. …” (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exercise_Red_Flag).
During that time a lot of jets flew over the house and they made crazy maneuvers, even I could see that. My mistress likes watching them, me on the other hand, I don’t like that noise.

Sometimes we have fire alarm. That stupid fire alarm makes so much noise that it hurts my ears. Once it happened during the night. So far none of the alarms were because of a fire but of burned toast or something like that.

So if you are moving to Las Vegas or already living here but are looking for nice studio apartments check out Rubix.

On the picture you can see the game room.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021