April 1, 2019 – Count’s Kustom Car Tour

Last night was bad; the local phone rang twice in the middle of the night. The first time my humans weren’t fast enough to answer it. About an hour later at around 3.30 am the phone rang again. This time my master was fast enough to answer it. Somebody was asking for a Jojo. Well there is not Jojo here. I dreamed about a huge steak just for me and was just about to take my first bite when that phone rang the second time. When I closed my eyes again the steak was gone. How disappointing!

Although we all had a bad night the alarm clock rang at about 6 am.
While my humans had breakfast somebody opened our apartment door with a key. Only that one lock from the inside stopped him from coming in. My master went to the door and asked what he wanted and all he said was “I thought this is number xxx” and my master confirmed but told him that we live here now. Later my mistress emailed the people that work here and take care of everything.

My humans had to get up and ready to leave for the Count’s Kustom Car Tour. We had to be at the Rio Hotel at 9 am where we would be picked up by a Count’s Car Tour bus. This was a really unusual bus. Have you ever been in a bus that had lilac and leopard printed fabric on the INSIDE?


There were 12 other guests beside us and Sheree was our tour guide and driver. She told the humans a lot about Las Vegas and the places we went.
The other guests were very friendly and didn’t mind me being in the bus.

The first stop was the Las Vegas sign. Remember, last week my humans decided not to go there because of that long line. Well, there was a long line but our tour guide Sheree took us a little on the side of the other line and took pictures of us. Taking pictures in front of the Las Vegas sign: ✔.


Our next stop was the Shelby Heritage Center. They had some cars there called Shelby. “Carroll Shelby was an American automotive designer, racing driver, and entrepreneur. Shelby is best known for his involvement with the AC Cobra and Mustang (later known as Shelby Mustangs) for Ford Motor Company, which he modified during the late 1960s and early 2000s. He established Shelby American Inc. in 1962 to manufacture and market performance vehicles, as well as Carroll Shelby Licensing in 1988, which grew into Carroll Shelby International. …” (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carroll_Shelby). An older man (sorry, you looked older to me) started talking with my mistress. He was a historian something. I think that means he knows everything about the history of the Shelby cars. He was very friendly and he loves dogs. Everybody in this shop was very friendly and welcomed all visitors and even me.


These cars looked old but great. Some of them were red, others blue and some even silver. My humans looked at the cars and they liked them a lot, at least most of them. You could look through window and see the people work on more cars.
Look at the pictures, do you like the cars?

After going back in the bus we went to Welder Up. Welder Up is a car customization shop. They have a show on TV. These cars looked old and rusty to me but my humans loved them. They had some stuff written “Evel Knievel” on it. My mistress explained to me that Evel Knievel was an American stunt performer and entertainer. Check out their website http://welderupvegas.com/ to see how these cars we saw there today were build. To me they all looked like they can’t be driven but obviously you can. I liked that shop, it was not just a shop where you could see old cars, they had decorations around the cars.
All the people that worked there were very nice and they did not have a problem with me being there. I promised my mistress I would be careful with my tail today and knock nothing over. Sometimes I get overwhelmed and just wag my tail and sometimes I knock stuff over, not very often and so far nothing valuable was destroyed.


Next stop on the tour was the Count’s Kustoms. Count’s Kustoms customizes and restores choppers and cars. They have some crazy cars and motorcycles there. My humans have seen the TV show of Count’s Kustoms on TV last week and when they saw that they are in Las Vegas they looked at their website and found out that they offer these tours.
Here at the last stop my humans and I could see Danny’s aka Danny “Count” Koker (the owner of Count’s Kustoms) “personal collection of cars, which includes a European Lamborghini Countach, Cadillac Hearse Limo, GT 350 Fastback, 81’ Corvette …” and more.


I don’t know anything about these cars; I am not interested in cars. All that’s important to me in a car is that it has air condition to keep me cool and a comfortable place for me to be able to nap during long drives. Not to forget windows so I can look outside. But my humans see that differently. They want to have a car that runs without problems and does not need too much gas. That’s what they want to have to drive on a daily base. Besides that the do like cars like the ones we saw today, nice customized cars with nice colors on it.
Nevertheless I enjoyed being with my humans today and see all these places and meet all these very nice people.
Can you imagine, I even have a picture of Kevin and me? Kevin works at Count’s Kustoms. There was another friendly guy that told my mistress he would ignore me because otherwise he would be tempted to take me home with him because I am so cute. Excuse me, I am not cute, I am beautiful. A cute dog would be something small and female. I am male and males are not cute. We are strong, know what we want and …, well there is more but let’s stop talking about these things.


Some of there cars really looked crazy and they had some motorcycles there too. My humans did not know where to look first because all these cars were so beautiful and special. Sheree told us that Lamborghini is worth more than $1,000,000. Why would somebody spend that much money on a car? If it were for me I would spend that much money in treats, a pool for me to swim, toys and a couple of big steaks every day.


Included in that tour was a voucher for the shop and a lunch voucher. My humans got a t-shirt and a magnet for the voucher.

Our next and last stop was Count’s Vamp’D Rock Bar & Grill where the humans had lunch. First thing the humans did when they came on the bus this morning was choose what they would like to have for lunch. They didn’t ask me what I wanted. That’s kind of unfair. Yes, I know, I am a dog and I am not supposed to have human food. But come on, a nice piece of hamburger wouldn’t hurt, wouldn’t it? Maybe it would if it was too spicy. My humans take care of my health and make sure I don’t eat anything that’s not good for me. I need to trust them when they tell me a hamburger is not healthy for me, what other chance do I have?

Count’s Vamp’d Rock Bar & Grill is a nice place and the waitresses were very friendly. I even got a cup of ice cubes. There is a stage in the restaurant and Sheree told us that there are concerts in there too. Danny has his own band and they play there sometimes. There were drums hanging upside down on the ceiling as lamps.


Sheree took all of us back to the Rio Hotel. On the drive all the people on the tour started talking. Believe it or not, there was a couple from Oshawa, ON in Canada and somebody else from Toronto, ON in Canada. Oshawa is the town where our friend Hermy lived for a long time. Yes, Omi Hermy, the one with the dream about the house. Isn’t that a crazy coincidence? We all meet in Las Vegas on a tour. The humans had a lot to talk about and laughed a lot.
When we left the bus at the Rio Hotel we said goodbye to Sheree. Thank you Sheree for being such a good tour guide and giving us so much information and tips about Las Vegas.

So my dear readers, if you ever come to Las Vegas you might consider taking this tour. Just visit http://www.countskustoms.com/index.html and have a look for the tour on the website.
My humans had a lot of fun and were happy to see such amazing cars and motorcycles today.

My humans wanted to check out some more things in the Rio Hotel. Danny, the owner of Count’s Kustoms has a tattoo shop in the Rio Hotel too and Sheree told us that there is a very special motorcycle in that shop. Also there is a KISS shop at the Rio Hotel. KISS is an American Rock Band. My mistress likes their music. She played some of their songs to me so I know what I am talking about. Back in the days when my mistress was a teenager she was already a fan of them and she even went to a live concert. Every member of kiss paints his face. When my mistress was a teenager nobody knew what the members of the band really looked like because they did not publish pictures without that face paint. Today this is not a secret any more. They all wear crazy clothes too. That shop shows a lot of memorabilia of the band and my mistress wanted to see that.
That very special motorcycle is a KISS motorcycle. Orange County Choppers did that bike. (By the way, Orange County Choppers also made that fish motorcycle we saw at Bass Pro we went to last week).


Since this morning I had to go where my humans wanted to get so they decided on the way back we would visit my favorite dog park so I can run and have fun.
When we arrived at the dog park there weren’t that many dogs there but enough to play. Unfortunately the dogs that were there weren’t too interesting but that one, a Blue German Shepherd that didn’t like me too much.

While we were on the tour my humans got an email that the lock on our apartment door was replaced and they would have to pick up the new keys in the office. My humans feel safer now.
Excuse me, how can they feel unsafe while being with me? I protect them and if somebody wants to do any harm to my humans I will take care of that.

Now I am exhausted and I will call it a day after a last trip to the dog area. Maybe I can continue with my dream about that steak? Let’s see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021