February 27, 2019 – Dog Park – I am in heaven

Today my humans took me to a different dog park, a really big one. They took me to the Clark County Dog Fancier’s Park https://www.clarkcountynv.gov/parks/Pages/DogFanciersPark.aspx. A very nice dog park, very big. There are five different areas where we dogs can run and play. In every area there is water for us dogs to drink.
My humans took me to one area and there were a couple of other dogs, most of them the same size as me. One of them obviously liked me as he/she approached me and said “Hello”. There were a lot of dogs in that area and my humans decided to go into another area with fewer dogs. In the next area were three dogs, a German Shepherd and two others. One of them came to me as soon as I entered the area and wanted to play with me. Well, before I play in a new area I need to sniff and read the newspaper. Because I did not react and played with the other dog they lost interest in me and I had lots of time to sniff. In this area and the one we were in before was no grass, or to be more exact the grass was dry.
My humans changed the area again to another one that has shade and green grass. In that area I met Reggie, a very friendly dog. Reggie and I played a little bit but all of a sudden he tried to hump me. Normally I am the one that does this and I am not used to be the other part. But that did not keep me from behaving the same way with another dog. Don’t react shocked, it’s springtime and my hormones just go crazy.

I had a great time at the dog park and I hope we will go there again. Of course I would prefer to run completely free in the desert but on the other hand, there are no dogs. In the dog park I can play with the other dogs. Sometimes I prefer to be free and run around in the desert and other times I prefer being with other dogs. Why can’t I have both?




Professional Reader

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021