February 20, 2019 – SNOW! In the desert?

Yesterday we were in Pahrump because my humans had to do some business there. Pahrump is on the other side of the mountain. To go there you have to go over the pass. The pass is about 3,727 ft. / 1.136 m high. So in the winter it happens that there is snow, not much though, but people in that area are not used to driving in the snow.
Well, when we went back from Pahrump to Las Vegas it started snowing just a little bit. My humans needed to do some groceries in Las Vegas later and we got home late.
When we woke up this morning there was snow. I mean real snow not just a few snowflakes. The pass was closed during the night, as the snow got so bad there. Of course the snow did not last long because the ground was too warm. But it looked weird, snow in the desert. The weather stayed bad during the day so my humans decided to stay home for the day. There was a balloon jam later the day but my humans said they don’t take the risk going downtown for that.

I love snow, but not here. Snow in Canada in winter conditions if fine but snow in the desert where spring is about to start is just not right. You can go skiing here in the mountains. Mt. Charleston is about 7,200 ft. / 2.195 m high. And in Utah, a four hour drive, you can go skiing.

Isn't that crazy, here you are in Las Vegas, Nevada in the desert and only four hours away or on top of the mountain next to Las Vegas you have a lot of snow.
I am not sure what I prefer, snow or desert. I kind of enjoy both of it. Luckily I don't have to make a decision where to live.



Professional Reader

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021