February 1, 2019 - The Falls, back to the USA and a surprise we did not need

My humans woke up early today and after they showered we went to Tim Hortons to have breakfast. I got some breakfast too. People at that Tim Hortons were very friendly and some of them came over and asked if they could pet me. If you read this now feel free to comment. It was a pleasure meeting you.
After my humans finished breakfast we went to see the falls. Both my humans have seen the falls before in summer time. But this was different. It was cold, -15C / 5F. There was a lot of ice in the falls. I had to walk through a lot of salt but it was worth it. This was absolutely breathtaking. Nature is doing great things.
In the Center at the falls we met Colleen, she works there. She is so nice and she pet me. It was a pleasure meeting you.

Now we went to the US border to leave Canada. This was a tough one. We spent almost 2 hours there. The officer wasn't sure if he should let my humans in or not as they have been in the USA and Canada for about two years without going back to Germany. Finally the decision was made and my humans and I were allowed to enter the USA.
We drovers westwards. Shortly after Buffalo, NY we had a break and my humans had a little snack. After we were on the road again we drove about six miles when suddenly the car stopped running. My mistress pulled over on the shoulder and tried to restart the car, but it would not start again. There was a lot of traffic on the I-90. There was no other way, my mistress had to call 911 to gethelp. They were very friendly and could see where we were located and they sent over a towtruck. The truck arrived about 30 minutes later. Lyn, the truck driver was so nice and he made sure we were safe in his truck before he started loading our car. He towed the car to a garage nearby. Luckily the owner and some of his workers were still there although they were already closed. Lyn unloaded the car and the men started to check what the problem might be. The team from Basil's Service Center & Tire Mart in Angola, NY was awesome. They worked overtime just to find out that the fuel pump wasn't pumping. They said the car has two tanks for fuel because it has 4WD. The pump that pumps the fuel from the one tank into the other wasn't working. That meant that although the fuel tank meter showed that we had half a tank left of gas we ran out of gas. Now we have to make sure we always have enough gas in the tank until this is fixed. When we left the garage it was almost dark and my humans decided to call it a day although we didn't go far today. They found a nice hotel in Dunkirk, NY, the Comfort Inn. Tomorrow my humans want to leave early and drive a long way.
Well, Imhope,we,arrive soon, as much as I love being on the road with my humans I am happy to arrive and be able to stay at one place. I don't have much room in the car, it's fully loaded and I only have a tiny spot for me. Ok, I can lay down but it's not as big as in our old van. But the old van did not have a heater, was very loud and the missing window would have been bad with these temperatures. I think I like that new car.



Professional Reader

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021