December 11, 2018 – Eyes glowing in the dark

Wow, you can’t imagine what happened tonight. It was scary for my master but not so much for me.
It was already dark outside and I had to go outside for a pee. Little Bird and Calypso, the cats, the use the cat toilet. That’s a box with some stuff in it that sucks off the pee and covers the poop. No, I use the big bathroom outside. To make that clear, I don’t poop or pee just everywhere. For peeing I prefer a nice little bush or a tree. The best thing is when I can lean on the tree while I lift my behind leg to pee. You know that I don’t JUST pee, do you? Us dogs can read a lot from the smell of the pee, like the health, gender, stress level and social status. By lifting my leg when I pee I can aim higher. The higher I pee the higher is my social status and I wanting my pee to stay as long as possible so I try to pee on a vertical object.

Oh I am so sorry, I got sidetracked. Well, while I was peeing my master used his flashlight, a really bright LED light, to look around. When he pointed that flashlight in the woods right next to the house he could see three pairs of eyes staring at him. Ok, to be correct, he saw the reflection of the eyes. From the distance of the eyes to the ground he could tell it wasn’t a squirrel. And as there were three pairs of eyes it was probably wolves or coyotes. They weren’t hunting at that time, because they were standing still and watching. This was only like 10 meters from the house.
I could smell them but as they were not hunting or excited in any way I stayed calm too, finished my pee and went back in the house with my master.
My master was shaken and excited. He never had actually seen them. We hear them hunting and hauling all the time and we found tracks but never actually saw them. He told my mistress about it and she was sad she couldn’t have seen them.

I am sure you can understand my master could not take a picture of the eyes.


Professional Reader

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021