September 7, 2018 – On the road to Port Hope

The last couple of days my humans were busy finishing some work for their business and yesterday they started packing our stuff. They told me that we would leave Tim and go to Joyce’s place to stay there for a while. I don’t know where Port Hope is. All I know is that it takes about 9 hours to go there with a normal car and a little longer with our van.

My humans packed almost everything in the van yesterday and I made sure they would not leave without me. How did I do that? I simply sat in the car and did not move. In the evening they went into the camper and shut the van for the night and I finally had to leave the van. But as they were outside the van and went into the camper I thought it would be save.

Tim was on the beach until after it got dark and they did not really have a chance to talk to him. He showed up at the camper for a couple of minutes to ask something and went off to his house.

In the morning my humans got up early and packed up the rest of our things and loaded them in the van. Again, I had to make sure not to be left behind. I am not staying here without my humans, no chance. I need to be with them and if that means I have to sit in the van for hours than that’s what it is.
When everything was packed my mistress cleaned the camper because I lost so much fur.
They went to Tim’s house to say goodbye but I stayed and pretended to take care of the van. I can be very stubborn you know. I didn’t have to wait long and they returned with Tim. He wanted to say goodbye to me. He left quickly and said he needs to go before he starts crying. That’s unusual for Tim; normally he does not show his emotions. He must like my humans and me a lot. He went back into his house and my humans and I drove off.
First stop was the gas station to fill up the tank and next stop was Tim Hortons in Iroquois Falls because my humans wanted to have breakfast. I had to wait in the van. That way I was sure they would not leave and let me behind. I need to watch my humans closely; sometimes they do have strange ideas.

It didn’t take long for them to have breakfast and we drove off to Port Hope. Well, not quite, my humans told me that we would spend the night at Dwight’s house. We met Dwight last year on the brigade and he invited us to stay the night at his house. Otherwise we would have stayed the night in the van.
It was a nice sunny day and I had a nice long nap. My humans were in a good mood and looked forward to see Dwight again and meet his wife.
They stopped in Temagami for a short break and to get gas and check on the van.
On the way to North Bay, where Dwight lives, my humans saw ten baldheaded eagles. They could see their white heads because they were flying so low. I am a little afraid of them but my humans like them very much.

After a 6.5 hours drive we arrived and had a very warm welcome by Dwight and Marie. First we sat outside for a while and after that they prepared dinner for my humans. My humans spoil me while we are on the road. Normally I get dry food but when we are traveling I get cans of food. Yummy, yummy, they even gave me two big cans at once.

When they finished dinner we went for a walk to the beach to watch the sunset. We just made it on time and about 30 seconds later the sun was gone. I was allowed to run on the beach and chase some ducks. I didn’t really have a chance to get them because they just swam away and the water was too cold and my humans didn’t want me to go for a swim.

These humans talk a lot and they laughed a lot. Once in a while I try to laugh too, not with making a noise but just with my mouth. My mistress thinks that’s funny.

When we got back to Dwight’s house my master finished his surprise and he gave a balloon flower bouquet to Marie and Dwight. She loved it soooooo much and was so happy. How can somebody be so happy about balloons? They said it looks beautiful and unique. For me it’s just balloons with some air in it.
I guess humans are different than dogs.

Dwight and Marie were tired as they got up early in the morning to work and they went to bed early. My humans and I were allowed to stay in a very nice room with a nice and comfy bed for my humans. My mistress took care of me and brought one of my blankets inside so I could sleep well.
My humans talked for a while and watched a movie on their computer while I fell asleep.
That’s a completely different life than in the camper or in Tim’s house. It’s just like it was before we left Germany. We had a nice house there and I enjoyed it. No, I am not complaining, I like traveling with my humans and we saw so much awesome things, met a lot of very nice people and had adventures. Maybe it’s about time for my humans and me to settle down again? I need to talk to them about this and I hope they do understand what I try to tell them.





Professional Reader

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021