Do they want to arrest me?

I kept this a secret for a while but I think I need to tell you about this incident. It happened in summer 2017 while we were at our friend’s house in Pahrump, NV.
My humans took me for a walk in the evening this day and as usual we walked around the block.
A couple of days before some new neighbors moved into the house across the street. With them their two dogs moved in, a small one and a big one. The property does not have a fence and the dogs where not tied to a leash or in a kennel. As far as I could see they stayed on the property. I don’t know how they knew where the property ended but I think their humans might have told them.

Everything was fine until we were almost home. The women of the property next to our friend’s house talked to my humans for a couple of minutes. While they did that I was on the leash and waited patiently.
The dogs of that new neighbor left the property and came across the street to say hi to me.
While I am on the leash I can’t use my full body language to show the other dogs that I might not want what he wants. If he/she is trying to fight I can’t show that I am giving up and he/she is the boss. So this is a bad situation. Therefore dogs that are not on a leash should stay away from dogs on a leash. In this case it was two dogs not on a leash approaching me. They were barking at me and tried to get a reaction from me. The situation became a little tricky and my mistress released me from the leash to not get in trouble with the other dogs. They were a pack and I was alone.
When my mistress calls me I am obedient but on the other hand I had to deal with these dogs. She called me back when I went towards any property and made me stay on the street.
Everything was good and I was close to my mistress when suddenly the husband of the neighbor my humans were talking to show up. He is a grumpy man and shouted to my humans that they have to leave his property (they were not even on his property but on the street) and that he will shoot me if he will ever see me on his property. His wife apologized for his behavior but there was nothing she could do.
My humans were stunned by that outbreak of aggression and started walking home and I walked right next to my mistress as I was taught. After the other dogs were gone she put me back on the leash until we were home.
Wow, that was unexpected. That neighbor was really mad and aggressive. I felt sorry for his wife; it must have been embarrassing for her.
Later my mistress went to bed as it was already 11.30 pm and I felt asleep before that. Just a couple of minutes later the doorbells rang and shortly after my humans were called to come to the front door.
Two cops were standing in the door and wanted to talk to my humans. So my humans got dressed and talked to the cops. That neighbor that was so aggressive called them because I was released from the leash. Now they wanted to hear the story from my humans and they wanted to see me. My mistress called me and I said hi to the copy. I am a very friendly dog and I like everybody. My humans taught me not to jump on people so all I do is give them a little kiss with my tongue on their hand. I just stick out my tongue a little bit while I smell their hand. It’s my way to say “Hey you, I am friendly and I like you”.
The humans and the cops (yeah, I know, they are humans too) talked for a while and they explained what happened. The cops apologized for showing up but they had to talk to us as the neighbor reported us. They had to follow protocol. The neighbor has to right to shoot me when I approach his property. The copy suggested going for a walk with me in the desert. I don’t have to be on the leash in the desert and this is legal. They also talked to the neighbors with the two dogs.
After they left all of us weren’t tired any more and we stayed up for a while.

Why would you call the cops on something like that? They have other things to do. Nothing happened, nobody was hurt, all we dogs did was barking. That neighbor that called the copy has dogs too, more than two as far as I know and they bark all the time.

When we were in Pahrump this year the two dogs were kept in the house. That other neighbor was still grumpy but I did not give him a reason to shoot me. My humans went to the desert with me and I could run there. The backyard is big enough anyways to run. Once in a while they walked my friend Cameron to the school bus or picked him up and I accompanied them on the leash. This is in another direction than this neighbor.

So, now you know my little secret. What do you think about this?


Professional Reader

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021