August 23, 2018 – A day full of emotions

My mistress got up very early again to keep an eye on everything and see what has to be done. Joyce was in the kitchen this morning.
I don’t like getting up that early; my preferred time to get up is between 8.30 and 9.30 in the morning. Anything before that is cruel. My master did not get up as early as my mistress and I could sleep until he got up but it still was way before my wake up time.

During breakfast the humans gathered in the garage where all the tables were set up and they talked about the brigade and that they were not very happy with what happened the day before and how Tim acts. Some of them were very angry, especially some of the crew from Sault Ste. Marie. They talked and decided that one of them had to tell Tim what they think and that they want to paddle because that’s what they came here for.
It was hard for me to get along with all that aggression and anger and I could feel that my mistress felt the same way.
After some discussion with Tim they decided to go to Nighthawk Lake and take the big sail with them. They wanted to tie the three canoes together and set the sail and paddle back here later.
They also wanted different things for breakfast, more fruits and less meat.
My mistress and Joyce had to do groceries in Iroquois Falls anyway and they left shortly after the group decided to leave early to Nighthawk Lake.

My master, Marc and Dave had to bring the people and the canoes to Nighthawk Lake. I had to stay in the camper and wait. When I heard that my master left with our van and my mistress was gone too I got really worried they might leave me here and would disappear. I was so frightened that I jumped on the benches to see where they are and I think I made a big mess in the camper. My master came back and my mistress came back, they talked outside and left again. What’s going on now? What are they doing? Our van was left here and they took different cars this time. I did not understand what was happening and if they would be back or not. I started barking and whining.
When my mistress came back and saw what I had done she was very angry that I made such a mess and almost broke very important things. But she did understand why I did it and she assured me that they would never leave me on purpose.

Later my master explained my mistress what had happened while she was gone to do groceries. The paddlers had to get to Nighthawk Lake and Marc took his van, Dave drove the other van from the Sault Ste. Marie group. They pulled the trailers with the canoes. But there were still some paddlers left. So my master took our van to bring more paddler to Nighthawk Lake. Our van is old, a 1988 model and the sliding door broke on our way to Canada but my master made sure it is secure and safe to drive with the car. The paddlers that went with my master did not like our van and on the way to Nighthawk Lake they told him they think that the van does not have a valid insurance in Canada as it has a US license plaid and if they were in an accident in this car that would cause them trouble. Me personally, I love that van and I love riding in it.
These paddlers probably thought that my humans are Canadian residents and have a van with an US license plaid. In this case they were probably right that the insurance would not have been valid. But my humans and I are tourists here in Canada and the insurance is valid and the car is save.
My master had to drop them off at the gas station to be picked up by somebody else because the refused to drive the last 2 miles in the van.
When he arrived back at camp my mistress was back from doing groceries. She took Marc’s truck and my master took Joyce’s car and they took the last remaining paddlers and picked up the group at the gas station to bring them all to Nighthawk Lake. They lost of lot of time with all that and weren’t very happy.
I do not understand all that things like insurance and stuff. All I know I feel save with my humans in the van and from now on I make sure I am in the van when they start thinking about leaving with it. I don’t want to be left behind ever again.
While the paddlers were gone for the day my mistress took care of the bathrooms, made sure all the groceries were put away in the fridge and clean.
My humans had to make a wearable washing machine out of balloons for the next day. The Laundromat in Iroquois Falls wanted to advertise at the Sidewalk Summer Sale and wanted something different that would draw attention.
As soon as everything was taken care of on the property my mistress started blowing up the balloons while my master helped Marc with a problem on his car.
They had to blow up 600 balloons for that wearable washing machine and all of them had to be sized the same size. That takes a while without electric balloon pumps.
The paddlers were expected to be back at 5 pm to have dinner at 6 pm. That gave them one hour to prepare dinner. At 5 pm my mistress got a message from Joyce that they will be gone for another two hours and that my mistress should start cutting the vegetables for salad and chicken. They had bought pre-cooked chicken while they did groceries to make sure everything would be ready on time.
My mistress and my master weren’t finished with the balloon washing machine yet so they kept on making it. After one hour my mistress stopped doing balloons and started cutting the vegetables while my master kept making the washing machine.
Nobody had time for me and it was very boring. Well, until Shelby showed up and brought her humans with her - Jeff the security chief during the brigade and his wife Rhonda. When Rhonda saw that my mistress was cutting vegetables and was stressed out she jumped in and helped by cutting the chicken. I could play with Shelby while they did that and I loved it. Shelby is a beauty and I try to get her to know better.
My master stopped working on the balloon washing machine and helped Rhonda cutting the chicken. They decided they have to finish the balloons next morning at the Laundromat. All four sites were ready and they had to put it together and adjust some things and this could be done at the shop.

Shortly after the humans finished preparing the food the paddlers arrived and they had dinner. A friend of the other Mark showed up and she had dinner with the brigade. She brought a little barrel with her and what was in there smelled really strong. The paddlers had some of this and even my mistress tried a little bit. She said it was Maple Whisky. I know what Maple Syrup is, sometimes there is some left on the pancakes I get but that stuff was way stronger, it hurt my nose. They all behaved differently after they had that whiskey.

It sounded like they had a lot of fun and there wasn’t that much aggression and anger to feel any more.
Later they started a campfire and roasted marshmallows. My mistress gave me a little bit of that and it tasted very good.
At the campfire they all talked a lot and had fun. There was more whiskey, this time it was Sortilège, Wild Blueberry Liqueur with Canadian Maple Whisky and they all had a little sip. The smell wasn’t as strong as the other one, more like blueberries. Mark’s friend started to sing a song and they all sang along with her. I liked being there with all the paddler, well some of them. They had fun and were relaxed.
Around 11pm my humans decided it was time to go to bed as they were very tired and had to get up early again next morning.
I was tired too, there is almost no time for naps during the day and I really need my naps or I get grumpy.

Professional Reader

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021