August 20, 2018 – Everybody is here now

Today was arrival day for the paddlers. They all arrived during the day. Everyone could choose their own spot for their tent or camper.
After they took care of that they came to the gazebo where my mistress has set up her computer and the t-shirts for the brigade with their nametags were ready to be handed out. I did not get a nametag, that’s not fair. I am part of the brigade too and I was told I could be in the canoe with my mistress.

Everybody had to prove that they were capable of having fun and had to twist a balloon dog. Of course one of my humans showed them how to do it.

Last minute Tim went to get some canoes from Camp Bickell. Marc was late in camp because his truck broke down and he had to repair it, so they went to get the canoes after the paddlers arrived.
In the evening the humans had pickerel fry with salad and backed potatoes. The fish smelled very yummy and I would have loved to get some but I was not allowed to try it.

There were 25 people on the property now. No, wrong, 27 people. Jeff – our security guy and his wife Rhonda were here too as well as their dog Shelby. My mistress hasn’t taken a picture of Shelby yet so I can’t show you. She looks good and I might fall in love again.
That’s a lot of people around now and I am not really used to that any more. Where should I go first, who should I lick first and who might give me a treat? I have to make sure Diesel, Sally and Silver are not around when I get a treat. That’s complicated now and I have to keep an eye on everybody.

There is one guy named Jay, he is dressed like a Voyageur and he even uses a bedroll like the Voyageur’s did. Isn’t that crazy? But he is a very nice guy, very kind.

Let’s see what tomorrow brings when they start paddling. My mistress is sad because she and my master were originally told that they could paddle in this brigade but now my mistress is road crew and my master is nothing. They really looked forward to paddle and I looked forward to be in the canoe.



Professional Reader

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021