August 16, 2018 – Moose liver

Yesterday Tim had to empty his freezer because the fish for the Pickerel Fry on the arrival day of the True North Voyageur Brigade needs to be picked up and put in the freezer.
He had a moose liver in his freezer and my master wanted to try that and he said he would take care of it and cook it along with onions and apples. My mistress is not very keen on things like that. Me personally, I think it smelled very good when it was raw.
The liver was a huge piece of meat, well yeah, a moose is big. Do you want to hear the story of that liver? I will tell you anyways. Tim was in a car with a friend heading towards Timmins and they could see that obviously somebody hit a moose. But all that was left was the liver. Tim made his friend stop the car and Tim grabbed a plastic bag and took the liver. At home he cleaned it and froze it. So now my master is cooking it. He and some more people had it for dinner and they said it tasted very good. Did I tell you it was a huge piece of meat? Too bad for them, they couldn’t eat all of it, it was just too much. It came handy that I was there to take care of the leftovers. Mmmmh!!!! I think I could get used to that on a weekly base.



Professional Reader

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021