June 25, 2018 – Finally free to run again

We woke up early this morning, very early. For me it was in the middle of the night. The truck next to us left and that woke us up.

My humans told me that we would arrive at Tim’s house today.
We still had to drive some more hours. From the town where we spent the night it was 211 km to the next town called Hearst. Good thing the tank of our van was full. I was tired and so I slept most of the time on our way to Tim’s place.

Early afternoon we arrived and Silver and Sally were barking and Tim came out of the house when my mistress honked.
As soon as the van stopped my mistress made sure I can jump out of the van and say hello to everybody and – run. Tim called me to say hello but I was so excited to be able to run again, I hardly noticed him. All I wanted to do is run on that soft grass, stretch my legs and read the newspaper.

My humans said hello to Tim and he was very happy that we were back. They talked quite a while.

My mistress took me to the lake and I loved chasing sticks she thru in the water for me. I loved getting wet and cool down and roll in the sand afterwards. I missed this. If they would have that in the desert that would be great.

As the camper wasn’t ready yet (we did not tell Tim when we will show up as my humans wanted to surprise him) my humans decided to sleep in one of the new Brigade tents. My master set up the tent together with Tim and my master made sure everything was prepared for the night.
Later, when we went into the tent there were a lot – a LOT – like 30 mosquitos in the tent. My humans decided that we could not stay in the tent for the night and we moved into the van to spend the night in there. I was perfectly fine with this, as I hate mosquitos.

As much as I like being back here – I hate mosquitos and I wish they would let me alone. My mistress had a lot mosquito bites from the night at the truck stop.






Professional Reader

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021