June 22, 2018 – I hope the turtle made it to the other side of the street

The plan for today was driving as far as possible. Remember, the van – Lupoloon Mobile – is old, to be exact it is 30 years old and the engine already made almost 370,000 miles. This means we have to stop every 100 – 150 miles to check on the fluids. And who checks on my fluids? I clearly would prefer ice cubes over water but I only get water, warm water to be precise.

We left Grand Island in the morning. After a short while we left Nebraska and entered Iowa. Iowa is between the Missouri and Mississippi rivers. There are a lot of cornfields here. Somehow the navigation of my master made us leave the Interstate and we drove through the countryside. One time a turtle was crossing the street. It was on the other lane and unfortunately a truck came that way a few minutes later. I hope that little turtle made it safe to the other side and wasn’t run over by the truck.

Later on the Interstate we saw a deer next to the street and a lot of dead deer along the road.

At lunchtime my humans stopped at one of that Rest Areas and got some information about Iowa. And my humans cooked some spaghetti on that little butane stove they bought. That smelled so good but they did not give me anything. This is not fair. I have to be in that van all day long and I am not even allowed to get some good food. When I mean good food I mean noodles, rice, pancakes, cold meat, whatever my humans eat.

We went all the way to Iowa and entered Minnesota in the evening. Minnesota is the state with more than 10,000 lakes and next to the border of Canada and the Great Lakes.
Maybe that means we will be in Canada soon?
We stayed the night at Albert Lea on the Walmart parking lot, next to a couple of trucks and other campers. This time there weren’t that many. In North Platte the parking lot was full of campers, RVs and trucks staying for the night.



Professional Reader

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021