March 25, 2018 – Have you ever been to the beach of the Pacific Ocean?

When I came to the United States of America in 2015 we flew from Frankfurt/Main to Los Angeles. A terrible long flight I can assure you, but this is another story.

After we landed in Los Angeles on December 27, 2015 we stayed in a hotel in Los Angeles. The next morning, after my mistress picked up the rental car, we drove to Pahrump. Well, not right away. First my humans went to a place called Huntington Beach so that I could run on the beach. Back than I didn’t know what they were talking about. What is a beach and what is an ocean?
When we arrived at the beach I could smell it, it smelled like fish and salt and, mmh, I do not know what, let’s say it smelled like ocean.

Huntington Beach is one of the few beaches in the Los Angeles area where dogs are allowed to run free. There were a lot of dogs. Back than I did not understand English and I could not talk to the other dogs. No, just joking. Of course all dogs from all over the world speak the same language. I mentioned in one of my earlier blogs that I am bilingual, this is not correct. I speak three languages, no four. I speak dog language - off course-, German, English and human body language.

Sorry, I got sidetracked again. Ah yes, the beach and the other dogs. Well, there were a lot of dogs. I said hello and went off to discover the beach and the ocean. That ocean is huge and it moves. It was December and the water was very cold and I was still afraid of water.
I ran on the beach like crazy, into the water, out of the water, on the beach, back into the water and so on and so on.
While I ran on the beach I found a backpack. This backpack was just lying there on the beach and it smelled so good. I could smell another dog. I couldn’t resist, I just had to pee on that backpack. My mistress wasn’t fast enough to keep me from doing so. The owner of the backpack and his dog saw what I just did and my humans apologized. He wasn’t mad with me, he just said if it had been his boots he would have been angry. Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to pee on that backpack as the dog ignored me completely.

Anyways, I enjoyed the beach and the ocean very much. What I did not enjoy was the taste of the water. It’s salty, did you know that? Why is it salty?

It was fun being at the ocean but we had to leave and drive towards Nevada. Unfortunately it started to rain on our way to Nevada and we got stuck in a traffic jam and so my humans decided to stay in a hotel in Barstow. We stayed in a Motel 6. Motel 6 is very pet friendly. We were all tired and after my humans and I had dinner we went to bed to start early the next morning.



Professional Reader

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021