September 19, 2017 - We had a visitor

This morning when we went to Tim’s house we saw that the trashcans were lying on the ground and the garbage was all over the place.
My humans immediately thought this was the work of a bear and I could smell him.
I wanted to stay out there and follow the smell but my humans won’t let me. They picked up all the garbage and put it back into the trashcan and after that we went into Tim’s house and had breakfast.

Later today Tim took the canoe and went to the little island on the lake. He wanted to clean up there. The weather was very good it was warm and sunny. Luckily my humans decided to enjoy that nice day too and they took another canoe and we went to the island too.
First the humans had lunch. My mistress made some hardboiled eggs and some sandwiches. She gave me some of her hard boiled egg. I love hardboiled eggs! My master helped Tim burning some of the wood that was all over the ground. My mistress and I went on a walk on the island. We walked the trail all to the other end of the island. That was fun; so many new smells and I ran into the woods and experienced the island. When we came to the cabin on the island we had to turn around and go back because the trail ended there.
When we came back to Tim and my master my mistress told them she wants to go on the other side where the eagles are and look for some feathers on the ground. She took the canoe and I was allowed to go with her.
We paddled around the island to the other side and we landed and she pulled the canoe on shore. We climbed the hill and tried to find a trail but there was no trail. I had no problem running through the woods, well of course, I’m a dog. It was so much fun, exploring the place. Obviously no human being had been there for a while. My mistress had a hard time. She had to duck under branches or climb over branches. She had spider nets and dirt in her hair. After about 15 minutes she gave up because she couldn’t find a way to go deeper into the woods and couldn’t find any eagle feathers. We went back to the shore and walked along the shore to see if there was another way we could take. She couldn’t find one and finally we went back to the others.

I enjoy being in the canoe. After we were back at the others I played in the water. When we went into the canoe to paddle back to Tim’s property I was still wet. We went back into the camper. It was a cold night and I did not feel very comfortable being wet. I cuddled up on my place and tried to stay as warm as possible.






Professional Reader

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021