June 27, 2017 - Pembroke via Westmeath to River Run in Forester Falls

June 27, 2017 Pembroke – Westmeath – River Run in Forester Falls

After we got up my humans took a shower and they enjoyed it. Really? How can you enjoy water and getting wet? I personally prefer to stay out of the water. Sometimes my humans ignore that although they know I don’t like it.

We left to go to the campground and get breakfast. I don’t get breakfast, lunch and dinner I just get food once a day and I think this is not fair.

My humans transferred the paddlers back to Black Bear Campground in Petawawa where they left the canoes for the night. This was a nice beach. The one canoe was still on the beach, at least half of it as the other half was already in the water. My mistress asked me to jump into the canoe. Seriously? Me in a canoe, no way! Well I gave it a second thought because I really trust my mistress and I jumped in the canoe. That wasn’t that bad but the canoe was still on the beach. She took a picture of me and was very proud of me. I wasn’t a big thing jumping in the canoe and sit there but obviously for her it was.

After that we went back to the campground to hook on the trailers for the canoes to the trucks and my humans, Marc, Marc and Nick went to the next location where we would stay for two nights.
We had to go to River Run in Forester Falls. My master had the coordinates of the location. Tim gave it to him to make sure we would find it after we had some difficulties the day before.
We found our way to Westmeath where the canoes would launch in the evening. Somehow these coordinates weren’t right. They said they would arrive at the White River/Wilderness Adventures. We drove around in circles for hours and ended up in Westmeath at the gas station. Marc went in to ask where to go but they couldn’t help us. There were no signs at all and people explained the way by saying: “Make a right at the second stop sign and a left at the next stop sign after that.” The humans called the camp to find out where to go but they called the wrong one. We only found out when we went there.

This was another hour drive. We finally found a sign to the Whitewater Region; this was where we had to go. We went to Owl Camp but this was not the right one. There was another camp down the road called White River. The humans went there and wanted to check in. Somehow there was confusion about the reservation they said. Marc thought Tim made the reservation but later we found out the reservation was made on Joyce’s name. As they could not find the reservation they told us they weren’t prepared for us. They send the humans to River Run, another part of the camp only another 15 minutes drive. We had to wait until 4 pm for someone to show up and give us the keys for the cabins.
I was sitting in the car and fell asleep while my humans had lunch and talked. It started to rain again. Nobody showed up until 4.30 pm and Marc called again at the registration.
They finally found the reservation and Marc drove over to get the keys.

The humans had the keys for three cabins. We checked them out and they were very pretty. There was not much time to look around, as we had to pick up the paddlers. The rain wet me but luckily it was warm in the car and my fur dried quickly.

We had to drive back to Westmeath to pick up the paddlers and the canoes. When we arrived in Westmeath we looked for the boat ramp and the sign said we needed to make a right at the gas station. The humans drove for 10 or 15 minutes and finally we arrived at an RV park with a boat ramp but this was not where we had to be. Marc got a call from the paddlers that they were waiting. They were wet, soaked and cold and the drivers hurried as much as they could.

The paddlers were a little angry with the humans because it took the drivers so long to pick them up. The paddlers did not know how hard it was to find the right places.
After the humans arrived at the camp they understood why it took the drivers so long.
The humans figured who is staying in which cabin and my humans and I ended up in a cabin with Marc, Marc, Nick and Tim. I was fine with this because I like everybody of this group.

There were a lot of chipmunks and squirrels in the camp and I would have loved to chase them to play with them but my humans told me no. They also told me that there was poison ivy and that I should stay away from this.

My mistress was making dinner for the group this evening. She made Schnitzel and potato salad and I would have loved to get something of this. It smelled so good and everybody of the group seemed to like it. My mistress made 10 lb. of potatoes and almost everything was gone. Everybody was very helpful and wanted to help my mistress but there was not much they could do.

While my mistress was cooking Mary had some presents for everybody. My master and my mistress got a bottle of good maple syrup. Thank you Mary, it was very good!

The humans took care of cleaning the dishes afterwards and my mistress could relax which was good as she was tired.

Tim showed some videos about canoeing in the evening. There was a big fireplace where we could stay warm while we watched the movies. My master took care of me, fed me and brought my blanket for me to lie on.
My master also made a balloon dog workshop for the rest of the group, at least the ones that were there. They had a lot of fun.

We went to bed late, as we did not have to get up early the next day. I was really tired and my humans allowed me to sleep in their bed on one of our blankets they put on the bed.






Professional Reader



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021