June 10, 2017 - Vancouver

June 10, 2017 – Vancouver

Today we slept in, packed and left the motel. We walked to the bus station. We did not know that we need coins to pay for the bus and the bus driver was very friendly and took us anyway. In the bus were more people but they all looked Asian. We went to a balloon shop to purchase some balloons at JC Balloon Studio. They were very friendly and even offered me some water.

We walked a little further and took a seat in the Pallet Coffee Kingsway where my humans had a coffee and a snack. My master even went to the hair salon to get a new haircut, as his hair was really long. Rosy’s Hair Beauty Design did a great job and he looks great now!

I took a nap while my humans sat in the café. They looked for a place to stay for the night. Unfortunately all couches offered on “couchsurfing.com” were gone and they decided to go to a campsite. For this we had to go back to Burnaby again and this time we took the bus and the Sky train. At one station we got out and my mistress and me stayed at the Sky train station, while my master went to Wal-Mart to get a tent and an airbed.
After a while he came back, exhausted, as it was a long walk. While he was gone I took good care of my mistress making sure she was fine.

We went back on the Sky train. After we arrived on the final station we found out we were gone to far and had to go back. No problem my humans said, the tickets are valid for 90 minutes. After arriving at Lougheed Town Centre we had to walk 0.7 miles (1,1 km), well that’s what the navigation app told them. They did not know there was a bus they could have taken. We all were very tired and my master had these two suitcases and my mistress carried the big backpack.
Finally we arrived at Burnaby Cariboo RV Park. We registered and could choose a place for our tent. Until then I did not know what a tent is. It is made out of fabric and it is very small.

My humans put up the tent and tried to blow up the airbed. Unfortunately the pump they used did not work. My master is smart and he looked for someone to borrow him a pump. He found Sheree who lend us her pump. Thank you Sheree!
It was late already and all I wanted to do is eat and sleep. Well, I am a dog and this is what I do and care about.
My humans arranged everything for the night and put my blanket in one corner of the tent. After I had something to eat I was ready to sleep and so were my humans.

It got cold that night. Did I just mention my master is smart? Well, he forgot to get a blanket for the night. My humans were freezing and they took one of my blankets to cover themselves. I was fine with this as I had another one.
It could have been a peaceful night, if it wasn’t for the train track right next to the campsite. Boy I tell you, these fright trains are very, very loud and as they are very long it takes long until they passed. Most of the times they have two locomotives, one on each end. The earth was shaking by the trains. There is also a freeway with a lot of traffic. I hope I get used to this as my humans told me we will stay here for a couple of days until we find a solution to go to the next city.




Professional Reader

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021