June 09, 2017 - Seattle, WA (USA) to Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Seattle, WA to Vancouver, BC

I completely forgot to tell you about my food last night. Do you remember, I told you about the breakfast my humans had. Can you imagine, I got the left overs. That was so yummy. I might get used to this.

This morning we had to get up very, very early as my humans had to return the car. It was only 6 am. But first we went to the harbor again to check out the ferries.
My mistress went to ask somebody to find out if we could take the ferry to Canada. I’ve never been on a ferry or a ship and I wasn’t sure if I would like this. My mistress said she would be seasick and would have to take a pill for the trip.
When she came back she said we could not take the ferry, as we would not get a stamp in the passport that shows that we left the USA. Somehow this was important for them, they said we could not go back without the stamp. I do not understand what they mean by that but I was glad I did not have to go on the ferry, whatever this is.

Now we had to hurry to return the rental car. We had to drive into downtown where the traffic was crazy. My humans said all the streets were One Way streets and one time they missed a turn and we had to find another way. Finally my humans stopped and my master and I went off the car with the luggage and waited for my mistress to return.

It took a long time for my mistress to come back. She said she missed a turn again and had problems to go back to the car rental company. Now we started walking and were looking for a café where my humans could have breakfast and find a way to go to Canada.

We’ve been in the Cherry Street Coffee. The people in the café were very nice and we could stay until we found a solution. My mistress said we’d take an Uber. She said that’s something like a taxi. I have been in a taxi before so I know what that means.

The Uber driver arrived after a long time. My humans told me that the driver had to get his passport first as we were crossing the border. I still do not know what that means – crossing the border. I think it means we are going into another country. Well, I still do not know what a country is but as long as I am with my humans I am fine.

While we were sitting in the café my humans told me that I am a Service Dog. Well, never heard of that but it looks like I’ve been that for quite a while and I just did not know.

There was not much room in the Uber car, but I was with my humans and that’s all that counts. The driver, Richard, was very nice.
I tell you, this was a long, long drive in the Uber car. After about 2 hours we reached the border. There was a woman in a kiosk and she asked questions and looked in the passports of my humans and Richard. The woman asked us to stop on the side and walk into the building. I could feel my humans were nervous.
They left me behind while they went into the building. Richard left with them. After a couple of minutes they came back and they looked very relaxed and happy. They told me they had to answer some questions and that they told the man in the building they are balloon artists and he was impressed. Even Richard was impressed. They talked a lot about the balloons after that. It still was a long ride in the Uber car to Vancouver.

Did I tell you yet that my humans are balloon artists? They make crazy stuff with theses latex things. They helped making a truck in original size out of balloons. I could not be with them when they did that but they showed me pictures. I remember when we lived in this house before we went to Ken’s house the first time; they made a lot of balloons for customers. They even make balloon dogs. Well, of course these balloon dogs aren’t real dogs and they are much smaller than I am and to be honest I am much nicer than the balloon dogs. I am glad I am not red, green, yellow or blue.

Ken does balloons too. They say he is a celebrity in the balloon world.

After we arrived in Vancouver we went to a café, my humans had a coffee and I got some water. They started to look in these little devices again and said they are looking for a motel. There weren’t any affordable motels in downtown. We walked a little and went to the harbor. My humans had a little snack for dinner and we than took a taxi to a motel.
The taxi driver did not want to take me but as I am a service dog he said yes. He was a crazy driver and I did not like him.
The motel room was very big and there was another dog in the motel. I could hear him bark all the time. The Motel was called 401 Inn in Burnaby.

The good thing about traveling is all these new smells. This time I could smell fish.




Professional Reader

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021