June 07, 2017 - Ely, NV to Ontario, OR

Ely, NV to Ontario, OR


… just to get up early again.

Back in the car without breakfast for my humans. While we were driving in the dark last night the landscape changed. No more desert, but green grass and trees. I haven’t seen that for a while not to mention that my feet haven’t touched green grass in 6 months.
We drove for a while until we stopped so my humans could have breakfast. I had to stay in the car but I could see them through the windows. It didn’t take long but they talked to a couple of other people and laughed.
They brought me pancakes, you remember - one of my favorites. But I was still to excited about all that and couldn’t eat a bite. And to be honest, they weren’t as good as the ones we eat at home or in Pahrump.

My humans got back in the car, put more gas into the tank and off we went. At first it was a boring landscape but after a while we could see Salt Lake. I was just about to fall asleep as my humans became very excited and stopped the car. As soon as my mistress gets excited I get excited too and looked out of the window. There they were, mustangs - wild ones. My mistress told my master for the last couple of months she wanted to see wild mustangs and here they are. She was so happy and I was so glad she was happy.
They were beautiful, free to go wherever they want to but on the other hand they do not have a mistress and master who takes care of them and they have to deal with the other wild animals out there, like coyotes, cougars, mountain lions, snakes,…
I think I prefer being a dog and not a wild mustang.


We went uphill and downhill, small hills. After a couple of hours we came from Nevada to Utah and stopped at a little place so that I could have some water and pee. I walked on sand and salt. What a strange feeling and smell. There was salt everywhere. I do like it when my mistress puts a little salt into my food when my stomach is upset but this was different.

Back into the car after a couple of minutes and my humans checked where we need to go. We drove, and drove, and drove for hours. All we saw besides landscape was a deer next to the street.
The mountains got higher and higher. Uphill and downhill we went.
Finally we arrived in Ontario, OR where we spent the night at the Motel6. Did you know that Motel6 is very pet friendly? My humans took me with them as they got some food for them and food for me. I had to stay in the car but that was ok for me as it wasn’t hot and I knew they would come back to me.

We went to bed early and was really tired although I did nothing but sitting in the car. You know, all these new impressions and smells are so exciting. You do know that I smell way better than you do, don’t you? Going for a walk for me is like you reading the newspaper. Lots of information about dogs I don’t know. I know exactly if they were small or big, male or female and much more.




Professional Reader

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo farm, herding dogs and living in Serrone - February 9, 2022

Mediterranean Sea and running free in Broccostella – October 17, 2021

Mogli. loves joggers - September 15, 2021